Dr. N.M.T. Anupama
BVSc(Peradeniya),PhD (University of Melbourne- Australia)
Senior Lecturer in Immunology and Veterinary Parasitology
- Sir Ian Clunies-Ross Scholarship (UoM)
- Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences research sholarship-Travel (UoM).
- Dr. Senevirathne Gold Medal for Public Health (UoP).
- G.E.Kodituwakku Prize for Excellence in Veterinary Surgery (UoP)
- Gold Medal for Excellence in Veterinary Pathology (UoP)
- ArunachalamChinniah Gold Medal for Best Performance in BVSc Degree (UoP)
- S.T.Fernando Memorial Gold Medal for Excellence in Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science (UoP)
- Astron Scholarship awarded for the best performance in First, Second and Third BVSc Examinations (UoP)
- Veterinary Immunology and Veterinary Parasitology teaching for 2nd BVSc undergraduates
- Molecular and cellular immunology
- Vaccinology and vaccine development
- Genetic determinants of dengue fever in Sri Lanka
- Development and field application of an effective irradiated larval vaccine against Haemonchus contortus in goats using irradiation
Active research grants:
- GEDENLA: Genetic determinants of dengue fever in Sri Lanka in collaboration with Institute of Tropical Medicine and International Health, Charite Universitatsmedizin, Berlin (2017-2019)
- Development and field application of an effective irradiated larval vaccine against Haemonchus contortus in goats using irradiation in collaboration with IAEA, Vienna (2020-2021)
|Position||MPhil. / PhD.||Current||Completed|
- Ranasinghe, K. N. K., A. D. Premarathna, T. A. N. Mahakapuge, K. K. Wijesundera, A. T. Ambagaspitiya, A. P. Jayasooriya, S. A. M. Kularatne, and R. P. V. J. Rajapakse. "In vivo anticancer effects of Momordica charantia seed fat on hepatocellular carcinoma in a rat model." Journal of Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine 12, no. 3 (2021): 435-442.
- Weerasekara, Lakshani, Kumudu Wijesooriya, Kithsiri Ranawana, Thilini Anupama, and Jayantha Rajapakse. "Gastrointestinal parasites of endemic and endangered free-ranging purple-faced leaf monkey (Semnopithecus vetulus) in Sri Lanka: effect of host group size and habitat type." Primates 62, no. 4 (2021): 629-635.
- Edirimanne ERKV, Ekanayake WMPD, Anupama NMT. Primary cardiac lymphoma with concurrent pericardial microfilariasis in a german shepherd dog- a case study. Wayamba journal of Animal Science, 1485-1498 (2012).
- Mahakapuge TAN, Every AL, Scheerlinck JP. Exploring local immune responses to vaccines using efferent lymphatic cannulation. Expert Review of Vaccines, 14(4), 579-588 (2015).
- Mahakapuge TAN, Scheerlinck JP, Alvarez Rojas CA, Every AL, Hagen J. Assessment of reference genes for reliable analysis of gene transcription by RT-qPCR in ovine leukocytes. Veterinary Imuunology and Immunopathology171, 1-6 (2016)
- Athapattu TPJ, Muthugala AD, Rajapaksha D, Liyanage KLDTD, Weththewa WKSM, Mahakapuge TAN, Dangolla A, Prematilake PC, Rajapakse RPVJ. Anoplocephala spp. infection in a captive asian elephant in Sri Lanka. Gajah 49, 27-30 (2019) .
- Washington EA, Mahakapuge TAN, Scheerlinck JP, Kimpton WG. Lymphatic system. In eLS John Wiley & Sons, Ltd: Chichester. DOI:10.1002/9780470015902.a0000523.pub.
- APDT Ranathunga, WKS Ishanthika, TAN Mahakapuge, RPVJ Rajapakse, RP Illeperuma, MP Paranagama. A traditional Sri Lankan polyherbal mouth freshner induces cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in human oral keratinocytes immortalized with HPV16 (IHOK). Abstract publication and oral presentation, 6th International Conference on Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha and Traditionla Medicine 2018, December 2018 .
- MHTD Jayathilake, TAN Mahakapuge, KAS Nadeeshani, IPGHU Dissanayake, DMS Munasinghe. Identification of two novel cell types in bovine epididymis. Abstract publication and oral presentation, iPURSE, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka, November 2017.
- Mahakapuge TAN, Nahar M, Every AL, Scheerlinck JP. Harnessing locally induced immunity to evaluate immune memory resilience. Abstract publication and oral presentation, FVAS symposium (Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences Symposium) The University of Melbourne, Australia, December 2016.
- Mahakapuge TAN, Nahar M, Every AL, Scheerlinck JP. Inducing and analyzing immune memory resilience. Abstract publication and oral presentation, IVIS (International Veterinary Immunology Symposium) Gold Coast, Australia, August 2016.
- Mahakapuge TAN, Nahar M, Every AL, Scheerlinck JP. Immune Memory Resilience; novel method for assessing adjuvant efficacy. Abstract publication and oral presentation, EVIW (European Veterinary Immunology Workshop) September Vienna, Austria, 2015.
- Mahakapuge TAN, Every AL, Scheerlinck, JP. Sheep pre femoral efferent lymphatic cannulation model in evaluating immune memory resilience. Abstract publication post graduate symposium, Veterinary and agricultural Sciences, University of Melbourne 2014.
- Medhavini B, Mahakapuge TAN, Satharasinghe DA, Jayasooriya LJPAP, Prathapasinghe GA. Evaluation of the Mosquito Larvicidal activity and Impact on a Non-Targeted Aquatic Species;Brine Shrimp by a Novel Larvicidal Compound, International Symposium 2012, General Sir John KotelawalaDefence University, page38.