Services We offer
Veterinary Teaching Hospital provides 24/7, extensive clinical service for companion, wild and zoo animals. Clinicians are available for over the phone consultations as well as for patient care, any time of the day. The resident clinicians are on-call for emergencies between 7.30p.m to 8.00 a.m .The diagnostic laboratory facilities are provided from 8.00 a.m to 4.00 p.m on weekdays
24-hour service consisting of OPD, diagnostic laboratories, theatres, ICU,residential wards and isolation unit.
- OPD - Preliminary and emergency medical care,vaccinations, advice and client education
- Diagnostic Laboratory Services - In haematology, Clinical chemistry, urinalysis, dermatological tests, ECG, echocardiography, ultrasound scanning, radiography, endoscopy, etc
- Theatre - Spay and neuter, trauma and orthopaedic surgery, soft-tissue surgery (abdominal surgery, tumour excision, reconstructive surgery, etc.)
- ICU - Critical care and continuous monitoring of medical and surgical patients, blood transfusions.
- Residential Wards - For short- and long-term hospitalization of medical and surgical patients and rehabilitation.
- Isolation Unit - For care and monitoring patients with infectious diseases.
The operational hours of Veterinary Teaching Hospital have been changed from 01st of September, 2018 as below.
Availability of Services:
|Out Patients Department (OPD) || Monday to Saturday 8.00a.m. - 8.00p.m.|
| ||Sunday & Public Holiday 8.00a.m. - 12.00 noon|
|Surgical Theatre || Monday to Friday 8.00a.m. - 4.00p.m.|
|Vaccination || Monday to Saturday 8.00a.m. - 4.00p.m.|
|Diagnostic Laboratory & X-ray facilities || Monday to Friday 8.00a.m. - 4.00p.m.|
|Emergency & Critical Care Service || 24 hrs. |
VTH will admit patients only on appointment basis.
Appointments have to be made by a referring veterinarian through,
081-5638017 / 081-2395662 prior to the date of appointment.